Info: Your browser does not accept cookies. If you want to put products into your cart and purchase them you need to enable cookies.
cball NXT Infrared Ball Sensor
Price per Unit (piece):
- 8 x infrared photodetectors arranged in a 180 degree semi-circle
- No calibration required, automatically reads background light levels on startup
- LEGO® NXT Digital Sensor including NXT style socket
- Provides signal for either no roboball can be seen or strongest photodetector signal
- Digital output provides access to all sensor data including raw readings and background readings
- Four leds for indication of strongest photodetector
- Mounting holes are compatible with Technic LEGO® blocks (two 2x1 blocks included)
This sensor supports the standard LEGO® NXT Digital Sensor registersas follows. The cball NXT I2C address = 0xB0 Hexadecimal (176 Decimal).
More information can be found on the cball NXT Sensor Product Information Page.
| Command Description|| Command (Hexadecimal)|| Command (Decimal)|| Output Value|
|Photodetector number with maximum infrared signal|
(zero = all less than background)
|0x40 || 64|| 0 - 8|
|Same as 0x40 command except intensity encoded in highest 4 bits||0x41|| 65||High 4 bits:|
strong: 4, weak: 2
Low 4 bits: 0 - 8
|Raw reading of photodetector with maximum infrared signal||0x42|| 66|| 0 - 255|
|Raw readings for each of the 8 photodetectors||0x43 - 0x4A|| 67 - 74|| 0 - 255|
|Raw reading from photodetector with maximum background signal|| 0x4B|| 75|| 0 - 255|
|Raw background readings for each of the 8 photodetectors (1-8) || 0x4C - 0x53|
| 76 - 83|| 0 - 255|
This product is currently not available.